Yaz Settlement Information
Problems & Solutions for Yaz Victims
Blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and other dangerous side effects are just some of the associated problems with Yaz, Yasmin and other oral contraceptives that have led to multiple Yaz lawsuit settlements. To date, thousands of lawsuits have been settled for millions of dollars by the Bayer Pharmaceuticals Company, well-known makers of aspirin. Since 2001, there have been hundreds of thousands of reports of serious side effects related to venous thromboembolic events (VTE’s), which are simply blood clots that cause a variety of serious problems.
Many of the lawsuit claims of the problems with Yaz stem from false – or at the very least, misleading – advertising linked to Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella, and Gianvi, claiming that they were the ‘answer to all the menstrual issues that have plagued women for millennia’. The FDA soon got involved and has issued several warnings about these products and the risks associated with them, as well as issuing several warnings to Bayer Pharmaceuticals about their advertising and/or package warnings. Here are some of the claims from Yaz lawsuit settlements:
- Negligence on the part of the manufacturer in failing to conduct proper research
- Strict product liability warnings and guidelines associated with life-threatening risks
- Fraudulent advertising and/or misrepresentation
- Fraudulent concealment
- Failure to highlight associated risks
If you or a loved one has suffered from the many associated risks and problems with Yaz, then contact the JTB Law Group at 800-910-0529 or by email.
The Problems with Yaz
What exactly is the problem that causes the risky in serious side effects of Yaz and Yasmin? These oral contraceptives contain the hormones estrogen and progestin – in this case, the latter being a synthetic drug called drospirenone. Drospirenone has been associated most often with the development of blood clots that can lead to serious complications such as:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pulmonary Embolism, or blood clot in the lungs
- Myocardial Infarction, or heart attack
- High Blood Pressure
Yasmin, Yaz, and the other oral contraceptives containing drospirenone soared to popularity in the early 2000′s and were used to treat a variety of female-related maladies including premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), low folate levels, and acne. It quickly became apparent that the risks of developing blood clots and other serious complications would soon lead to their diminishing popularity and thousands of Yaz lawsuit settlements.
Solutions for Yaz Victims
If you have been using the oral contraceptive Yaz, or one of the other similar birth control pills, you need to do several things:
- Speak with your healthcare professional to see if your birth control pill contains the drug drospirenone, and discuss its risks vs. benefits
- Address your personal risk factors that may include age, smoking, and diet
- Keep active to minimize the risk of developing problems with Yaz, such as blood clots
- Know the symptoms of blood clots in their associated risks
If you have suffered from any of the numerous problems with Yaz, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit and be entitled to compensation. Give our office a call today, 800-910-0529, to speak with one of our skilled personal injury attorneys to discuss whether you qualify for one of the multiple Yaz lawsuit settlements.